Saturday, July 19

Voting for Cynthia McKinney

Oh, just so y'all know, I'm voting for Cynthia McKinney in November unless Barack Obama swings me back to him based on policy.

I helped draft and support the guy for the Democratic primary process because I wanted one of the top 2 parties in America to have the person I most agreed with whom I could get to run (Russ Feingold refused drafters' begging).

But, that said, I never did intend to commit to voting for my top Democratic pick in the general, even if I participated in the Democratic primary process.





Obama earned my support among Democratic contenders throughout most of the primary process.

But he hasn't earned my support among all contenders--and especially not in this run-up to the general election.

And you darned well better bet he hasn't earned it enough to get me to vote for him in an "electoral college" election system when I vote in a state that's going to go blue this election. My vote's going towards getting Rep. McKinney and her party a high percentage of the general vote (although 15% would be AWESOME, I'd settle for 5%).

Based on what I've seen so far (though I will be reading her policies more closely now that she's won her nomination--I still can't believe that--happy daaaaaance!), she's just got so much better policy stances than Obama.

1 comment:

OnlyEd said...

Cynthia McKinney & Rosa Clemente are the Real Thing -- the ONLY choice for our country in these times of trouble. They are the only ones willing to speak on the fundamental causes of the myriad crises facing this country and the world. They are the only ones with real solutions. It is time to break the Corporate Dictatorship running this country and return the government to The People.

Recent headlines from the blog "Black and Missing but Not Forgotten:"