Tuesday, May 19

I'm reading a book about European female immigrants to the United States.

So far it's really good.

Sly Civilian once wrote:

Where do we recognize our own Whitenesses...as a source of idenity?

I hope to find some ways to tie my own childhood experiences and the people in my childhood to my current beliefs. Since my childhood was happy, ideally, I should be able to be the best person I can be in this world if I do that, right?

I guess I'm hoping that if I read about all the same things I see on promigrant.org and vivirlatino.com and such, only lived by people who looked like me (and bore at least some of my family), I'll somehow be able to be a better person than if I just read about immigrant experiences with little cultural connection to the people who were around me in my childhood.

No comments:

Recent headlines from the blog "Black and Missing but Not Forgotten:"